Saturday, April 17, 2010

Yes, She is right… Commitment sucks….

Lately, I have been trying to hit on my classmate of yester-years. She kept on telling me why she doesn’t need a lover giving valid and convincing reasons but I was unable to digest them. But, this recent trip to Chandigarh and Ludhiana with my newly committed batchmates, compelled me to stumble upon her thoughts. Scratching my head a little, I made the following conclusions:

  1. Sitting at a bar and watching a Ukrainian belly dancer dance, you don’t have to seek her permission to drink and don’t have to lie to her that it’s the television that is making that noise.
  2. When you are not selected for the second round of interviews, you have ‘n’ shoulders to cry on than only one.
  3. And when you are selected for the second round of interviews, you have ‘n+1’ people congratulating you, than only one.
  4. You can freely roam in shorts and get clicked without thinking much about your appearance and what would be her response when I post hem on Fb, orkut, etc.
  5. Your phone can work for two complete days and you don’t have to ask your un-committed friend for his mobile phone batteries.
  6. While travelling, you don’t have to ask your friends to shut up, just so that your chat isn’t disturbed.
  7. You can spend freely than compromising on fooding and lodging, in order to save money for phone recharge on roaming.
  8. You call her very late in the night to talk to her about your feelings only to find her phone picked up by her ex, whom she accidentally ran into at the bar, and is planning to give it a second chance.
  9. And her very favorite, (p.s. I like her for this), “Boyfriends may come and boyfriends may go, but a true friend like you will go on forever”.

P.S. There is a thin line of distinction between being single and being committed and I have walked on either sides of it.

P.P.S. I like this state of drunkenness.

P.P.P.S. I won’t repent writing this, during and after the hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment